OESCA 2015 National Specialty - Judges Critique
by Mrs. Edy Dykstra-Blum
I would like to thank OESCA show committee to organize another great National Specialty, the exhibitors, entering their dogs, to make this a wonderful event.
At this point I feel so overwhelmed by all the fabulous dogs I have seen and touched and some very difficult decisions I had to make, leaving very deserving dogs on 2nd and even 3rd place I am very impressed by BOB, BOS, also the 2 selects, they all deserved to go BOB, the AOM's also took my breath away, and the WD and WB, but what mostly impressed me was the Veteran Bitch who also was Best Veteran and AOM CH Tolkien Sweet Galena, almost 10 years old in great condition and moved like a dream .
I was very impressed with the overall quality and have noticed that toplines have improved a lot, hardly any level toplines to be found, Eye color is the next thing breeders pay attention too, still too many lighter eyes, where it comes to movement which was in general good except quite a few with restricted fronts, breeders pay attention to this, this can be easily corrected with your breeding program, bites were good, only maybe a couple with tight reverse scissor bite but therefore they had nice broad bottom jaws
Where it comes to grooming, I have penalized excessive overgrooming, we are a shaggy breed, neck well coated with hair, the hams densely coated with a thick LONG jacket in excess of any other part, this does not mean cut down to 2 inches all over, where scissor marks were evident, but happy to see that the majority were in great coat condition
4-6 Month Beginner Puppy Competition
Male was absent.
- Wynward's Gotta Be That
- Well balanced, lovely head and body, good topline with 4 good legs.
- Excellent extension.
- Renata's Snow Queen
- Larger girl of beautiful type, needs more time due to her quick growth.
- Lovely head and body, correct topline, 4 good legs, easy mover.
- Tana's Spring Darjeeling
- Darling baby of beautiful type, nice head and solid body, she was just all playful.
All these 3 young ladies have a bright future.
6-9 Month Puppy Dogs
- Rosebery Finding Frontiers
- Lovely and very promising young boy, with a good head, foreface and back skull.
- Excellent coat for age changing nicely.
- Developed body already, excellent topline, correct angulation front and rear, with 4 good legs, moves with easy, love to see him when he is matured.
9-12 Month Puppy Dogs
- Lambluv's Midnight Rambler
- Larger puppy, needs time to develop, still loose in the front, but will correct it self with age.
- Lovely head and expression, excellent coat for age, changing nicely with a correct break.
- Easy movement.
- Lambluv Braveheart Dream Catcher from Elmknoll
- Beautiful type, correct head, foreface and skull, straight in the shoulder which restricts in front extension, nice deep body and correct topline, coat needs to change, but will with age, nice side gait, bit close in the rear, but will improve with exercise, time is on his side.
12-15 Month Dogs
- Wigglebottom London Fog
- Correct head, good fore face and back skull, powerful body, straight in the shoulder which reflects in movement, correct topline, excellent coat in color and texture, would like to see more reach and drive.
- Shaggylamb Thinking out Loud
- Lovely Type, beautiful foreface and skull, he was just so overwhelmed today, I was unable to see his movement, Once he knows the ropes I am sure he will do well.
15-18 Month Dogs
- Tana's Chunky Monkey at Dezignerz (WD & BOW)
- Excellent Type superb head broad square muzzle, a lovely neck set in to the best of shoulders with correct topline, short coupled, excellent coat in color and texture for age, good rear angulation, 4 good legs.
- Excellent mover. Needs to go on a loose leash. This dog has a great future.
- Lakewood's I could Have Danced All Night
- A quality dog with good head, nice neck and shoulder, lovely topline excellent coat in color and texture, 4 good legs, moves with ease, lacks some undercoat.
- Ken-Bears Paddington St Edmund
- Larger boy, good head, needs more bone for his size, nice double coat, turns rear feet out and I would like to see more reach and drive.
Bred By Dogs
- Wynsilot Hellooo Ladies (RW & Best Bred By)
- Beautiful type very square, lovely head and expression, correct broad muzzle and back skull.
- Lovely neck set in the best of shoulders, excellent topline, short coupled, correct angulation, and excellent mover, could do better if slowed down on movement, but just love this boy.
- Barkshire Soldier of Fortune
- A larger dog of great type, good head and muzzle, good neck, somewhat straight in the shoulder, correct top line and correct coat texture, unfortunately too sculpted, nice going away, but needs more reach in front.
- Shagshadow’s All Square
- Good type, nice head and neck shoulders just right, good topline, good angulation, needs to settle on the move.
American Bred Dogs
- Dynamax's Bad Moon Risin'
- A good head, could be shorter in loin, coat texture correct, lacked a lot of coat on the rear, moves close in the rear.
- Bagatelle Moonraker
- Excellent dog all over, beautiful full head, good neck and shoulder layback, deep body excellent topline beautiful coat and 4 great legs, excellent movement, he was a major contender for WD.
- Haystack Silver Lining
- Another very nice boy with correct proportions, nice head and shoulder, correct topline excellent coat color and texture, 4 good legs, nice mover.
- Lakewood N JoJo's Luck of the Draw
- Another good head, nice neck, high on leg, like to see more body, coat nice in color and texture, moves with a kick and close in the rear.
6-9 Month Puppy Bitches
- Loehr's Meggie Mei
- Very nice and promising puppy, of good type, nice head, good topline and excellent coat for age, good mover.
- Shaggybarks Aurora Blue Northern Light
- Solid puppy with a great head, thick body, good topline, coat still dark puppy is changing, 4 good legs, she was having a good time and playing so movement was not the best today as I am sure she can move nicely.
9-12 Month Puppy Bitches
- Haystack's Bagatelle Moon Reflection (RW & Best Puppy)
- Excellent bitch very square, beautiful head, foreface and skull, lovely neck and shoulder correct topline and short coupled, excellent coat in texture, 4 great legs, excellent mover.
- Haystack Betty Boop
- Very good type, nice head, neck and shoulder, could be shorter in loin, correct coat texture, 4 good legs and good mover.
- Lambluv's Desdemona Built a Rocketship
- Very nice young bitch, eye could be darker, correct head, good body, nice coat in color and texture, moves well.
- Symmetry N Decadent's Sodalicious
- Larger bitch of good type, excellent head and foreface, needs more forechest, but will drop with age, 4 good legs, moves well.
12-15 Month Bitches
- Blockhead's Gala at Qubic (1st and WB)
- Super bitch of great type excellent all over beautiful head, foreface and back skull, lovely neck going into the best of shoulders, correct topline and short coupled, nice deep body, excellent coat in color and texture, 4 great legs and excellent movement.
- Shaggylamb Going Up the Country
- Very nice bitch in type and conformation, lovely coat in color and texture, she was bit uneasy which reflected in her movement, will improve with training.
15-18 Month Bitches
- Barkshire's American Graffiti
- Beautiful type, square, lovely feminine head, neck and shoulder, correct topline, short coupled, good good texture, 4 good legs moves easy, unfortunately she is to sculpted.
- Bagatelle Moonlight Dancing
- A larger girl of great type, nice head, and muzzle, slightly shorter neck which gives a stuffed appearance, excellent double coat, 4 great legs, good mover.
- Lambluv's If I could turn Back Time At Merrymops
- Another larger bitch, head ok, would like to see more stop. Longer in loin, very nice coat in texture, moves well.
Bred By Bitches
- Whisperwood's Wishin 'N' Hopin
- A lovely type nice head, neck and shoulder correct topline, short coupled, excellent coat in color and texture, nice deep body, 4 good legs, excellent mover.
- Wynsilot Decadent Enough Said
- A beautiful type, square, beautiful head neck and shoulder, excellent topline, short coupled, beautiful double coat with correct break, nice deep body and 4 good legs, good mover, but lost to number 1 because she went to fast, with less control.
- Lakewood's Dancing With the Wind
- A nice type, nice head, neck and shoulder, deep body, correct topline, correct coat texture with 4 good legs, moves with drive.
- Symmetry N Decadent's Bahama Breeze
- Nice solid bitch with good head, deep body, nice double coat, good topline, 4 good legs, moves well just too much roll from the neck down.
American Bred Bitches
- Whisperwood Careful What You Wish For
- Lovely type nice shaped head, good neck and shoulder, correct topline, very nice coat with correct break, good legs, easy mover.
- Haystack's Pretty in Paisley
- Nice all over type, nice mover, could have more body.
- Bagatelle Moon Star
- Very nice type lovely head, solid body with correct topline, short coupled, nice double coat with good texture, 4 great legs, excellent mover.
- Loehr's Geez Louise by Winkloes
- A feminine head, correct topline, little long in loin, good coat, 4 good legs, good mover.
- CH. Tumbleweed's Valubal Maui Nani (bitch)
- She caught my eye as soon as she walked into the ring.
- She has a beautiful strong head and yet feminine, lovely neck going into the best of shoulders, nice thick body, correct topline, short coupled, correct angulation front and rear, 4 great legs well of for bone, with low set hocks, coat of excellent texture and color and length according to the standard, excellent reach and drive with feet low to the ground, a very worthy Champion.
- CH. Lambluv's Sultry Sensation
- Another excellent dog, excellent head and shoulder, deep thick body, good angulation front and rear, correct topline, short coupled, in excellent coat and not over trimmed, easy mover.
- CH. Bagatelle Rolling Moon Stone
- Beautiful Type, pleasing head, nice eye, nice neck and shoulder, excellent topline, short coupled, huge double coat of great texture, good angulation front and rear, nice low set hocks, good coming and going, great extension in side gait, also not over trimmed.
- CH. Symmetry N Decadent's Twilight Legacy
- A good size bitch of lovely type, with a nice strong head, good neck and shoulders, lovely deep body, correct topline, beautiful coat in color and texture, correct angulation front and rear, excellent side gait, little close going away.
- Dog, CH. Limehouse Hellcat O'Hare
- Beautiful type and balance, lovely head, good neck and shoulders, correct topline, short coupled, good coat in color, would like to see some more texture, nice angulation, fluid movement all around.
- Dog, CH. Barkshire's Uncle Sam
- An impressive dog with a nice head, neck and shoulders. Excellent topline, short coupled, thick body, excellent coat color and texture good angulation front and rear, excellent mover, wish he was not so overtrimmed.
- Dog, CH. Valubal Tumbleweed Schadenfreud
- Excellent type and head, neck and shoulder, excellent topline and short coupled lovely thick body, good angulation front and rear. In beautiful coat condition, excellent mover with feet close to the ground.
- Bitch, CH. Wynward's Gotta Love That
- Beautiful bitch of great type, square and well balanced, lovely thick body, correct topline and short coupled excellent angulation front and rear with low set hocks, coat of excellent texture, she just needed more coat, the best of movement.
- Bitch, CH. Saxen Farm's Jitterbug Perfume
- A young girl of beautiful type, very square, lovely feminine head, correct neck and shoulders, correct topline, short coupled, excellent angulation front and rear, beautiful coat color and texture, excellent mover.
- Bitch, CH. Tall Cotton Miss America By Dezignerz
- A lovely bitch of great type, overall balance, feminine head, good neck and shoulder, excellent coat in color and texture, easy moving, good reach and drive, feet low to the ground.
- Bitch, CH. Haystack Midnight Blue
- Lovely type, good head great neck and shoulder, correct topline, correct coat texture, some sun burned brown in it, excellent angulation and short hocks, fluid movement.
- VETERAN Bitch, CH. Tolkien Sweet Galena
- Excellent type, excellent head, good neck and shoulder, deep body with correct topline and short coupled, correct angulation front and rear, nice low set hocks, excellent coat color and texture, excellent movement all around, credit to her breeder and owner to have her in this great condition at her age.
The Veteran classes were spectacular, so nice to see so many nice oldies. The fun classes were the shaved dogs, a pity there were not more entries but many did not know this class would be offered until they received their premiums. Hopefully in the future this class will really take off.
The 3 Juniors were all very good and a promise for the future.